Yesterday I went to the farmers market in hopes of finding some yummy inspiration to make some healthy meals for Charlie… and I ended up buying way to much fruit! But, that’s normal for me. So now I was determined to make some of those recipes I’ve been collecting on Pinterest! First up… Banana Smash! This idea was inspired by Weelicious, love love love this blog by the way! So many good tips & recipes, I’ll be using this blog often as I figure out this domesticated stay at home mom stuff.
These little banana bites are so delicious and easy to make, I think I’m going to keep them on our weekly breakfast menu! One whole banana fed my little monster 2 breakfasts (with a side of strawberries).
1 cup pancake batter
butter for the pan
- Slice the banana into about 1/4 inch slices
- One at a time, dip the bananas into the pancake batter… fully coating them (I even dripped a little batter on top when they were in the skillet)
- Place into a heated, buttered skillet and cook on each side for about 30 seconds - 1 minute
- Smash them down flat with a spatula… this helped cook the batter a little better
- Cook until each side is golden brown
These were so amazing with the strawberries, that next time I make them I’m going to layer some into the mix! I’m excited to try some other fruits too… blueberries, apples, peaches… Yum!! I can see myself getting creative with these.
**Serving tip… perfect for breakfast, and you don’t need syrup! Definitely cut them up smaller for the kiddos… Also, these would make a great snack on the go, just pop them in a tupperware or baggie and go!
Messy Scale ~~~> 2, so clean! Just a little greasy on the hands from the butter… nothing a quick wipe won’t clean
(1 = clean baby! 10 = directly dump child into the bathtub after eating)